This is a point and shoot camera that is sharpest at f4.0 - and wider.
A large 20.2MP 1" High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor and DIGIC 6 image processor with top sensitivity of ISO 12800.
- 5.9 fps shooting rate in one-shot AF
- 4.4 fps with continuous AF
4.2x Optical Zoom Lens
- 24-100mm equivalent focal length
- f/1.8-2.8 maximum aperture
- nine-blade diaphragm
This camera compensates for a variety of types of camera shake by analyzing different movement types:
- Normal IS: Corrects for a wide variety of camera movement types when shooting stills.
- Panning IS: Intended for use when making tracking shots, this setting ensures that IS will not interfere with desired lateral camera movements.
- Macro (Hybrid) IS: Used for both stills and video recording, this setting corrects for shift-type camera shake that is common when photographing close-up subjects. It also compensates for motion blur associated with recording video while walking.
- Tripod: Image stabilization is deactivated when shooting stills atop a tripod.
- Dynamic IS: This setting is effective when recording video using wider focal lengths and simultaneously walking or moving.
- Powered IS: Ideally suited for shooting video with telephoto focal lengths, this mode compensates for the camera movements that become more apparent with greater zoom magnifications.
- Active Tripod IS: Unlike the stills tripod mode, this video-specific tripod mode compensates for slight amounts of shake that can be caused when recording movies from a tripod.
- Articulated touchscreen
- An electronic level
- Wi-Fi with NFC connectivity
- Auto neutral density